The central banker’s job today is certainly difficult. But it had better not be impossible.
Global Finance Magazine
MARKET REPORT | ISLAMIC TRADE FINANCE
Offering inventory financing to commodity traders brings much-needed liquidity to the Islamic trade finance market.
Global Finance presents its annual report on the performance of the world’s central bank governors.
The most commonly accepted definition of the wealthiest countries is to determine how rich the average resident of a country is.
There are two standard methods of measuring the wealth of countries and how rich or poor its inhabitants are. The measure most often used is Gross Domestic Product (GDP), which represents the size of a country’s economy. A refinement of ...
Awards & Rankings
From the Wires
By Zusha Elinson HAPPY VALLEY, Ore.--As voters in this state prepare to decide whether to legalize recreational marijuana, a dispute over taxing the drug is demonstrating the complexity of transforming a black market into a legal one. Drafters of the ...
By E.S. Browning The stock market soared this week, reclaiming ground lost earlier in the month. But many investors worried that, with stock prices high and the world economy unsettled, this year's succession of sudden dips and sharp recoveries may ...
By Maria Armental Private-equity investment group Greybull Capital LLP has bought a 90% stake in Monarch Airlines, a British independent travel group, Monarch announced Friday. Monarch's defined pension trust will retain the remaining 10% ownership. Under the deal, Greybull would ...