Isabel Schmidt, Head of Institutional Cash Market Management
Deutsche Bank | Global Transaction Banking
Deutsche Bank’s Isabel Schmidt discusses FinTech and the Bank’s strategy around the delivery of digital payment services to clients. She also covers the effect that standardized and streamlined digital payments have on fees and the initiatives on advanced connectivity systems.
Jump to Chapter:
- Fintech companies are devising new systems for payments, both domestic and cross-border. Does this shape Deutsche Bank's digital strategy in any way? How does the bank stay nimble in delivering cutting-edge digital payment services to corporate clients?
- How does block chain technology change the nature of correspondent banking? Does it provide challenges or opportunities for traditional financial institutions like Deutsche Bank?
- With standardized & streamlined digital payment systems gaining momentum, do you think correspondent banks will ultimately lower fees they charge corporate clients?
- Connectivity remains the big issue for payments, particularly cross-border payments. Digitized and standardized products & services will likely solve much of that problem. How far along the path is Deutsche Bank in delivering these sorts of advanced systems to customers?
- How long do you think it will take before digital payment supplants the check culture found in most nations?